- Performed sections of glass fibres
bonded with a hear resistant resin, free
from shot and coarse fibre, light,
resistant, easy to handle, cut and fit.
The sections are split along their
lengths to provide a hinge for ease of
- Thermal insulation of steel, copper
or plastic pipes operating in
temperature up to 230 °C (450 °F)
Facing & Covering
- KIMMCO-ISOVER Rigid Pipe Covering can be supplied plain or with Glass Reinforced
Aluminium Foil/Kraft Paper laminate (FSK), white ASJ, Canvas.
Standard Length (m)|
- DURABILITY: KIMMCO-ISOVER Rigid Pipe Coverings
are rot proof, they resist the effects of
moisture and will not decompose through
continual exposure of the elements. They
will not shrink due to the age or
temperature variations. They will maintain
their thermal properties through the
lifetime of the construction.
CONDUCTIVITY: Test in accordance with ASTM C
- NO CORROSION: Does not cause or
accelerate corrosion of steel, copper, or
- FIRE CLASSIFICATION: KIMMCO-ISOVER Rigid Pipe
Coverings have been tested and listed by the
Underwriters Laboratory according to UL 723,
ASTM E 84 (File 9704).
Read more K450 Catalogue
Also see the Material Safety Data Sheet
Typical Installation Procedure
A. STRAIGHT PIPES
- Make sure the pipe surface to be insulated is
clean and dry from dust, oil or grease.
- Apply one coat of adhesive over the pipe surface,
as per adhesive manufacturers instruction.
- Fix the performed rigid section by opening snap
on side enough to insert over the pipe.
- Press the section all over to achieve bonding
between pipe and insulation.
- Keep the over lap over the section.
- Apply a light coat of adhesive on down part of
overlap and fix it over the section - take care no
wrinkles are formed.
- Wipe out any adhesive spill over by using a dry
cotton cloth - make sure the surface is dry off
- Fix 75 mm suitable tape (Aluglass tape for
ALUGLASS facing; Aluminium tape for FSK facing) preferably UL listed centric to lap and section surface of long seam and joints between section.
- Press the tape using smooth edged plastic
card (used telephone cards also found ok) - make
sure there are no wrinkles formed in the process
of fixing the tape.
- While fixing the next length make sure coat
of adhesive is applied on any face on either of
section of continuous joint.
- Fix suitable tape (Aluglass tape for
ALUGLASS facing; Aluminium tape for FSK facing)
preferably UL listed equally cantered between
B. JOINTS AT SUPPORT INSERT
- Fix the sections from either side of insert
using coat of adhesive at each faces of
substrate and make sure the insulation is
- Apply suitable tape (Aluglass tape for
ALUGLASS facing; Aluminium take FSK facing)
centric to the insert allowing equal tape lap
over insulation on both sides.
other fixing details for 90 degree
bends, flange - joints, valve curves etc are
available on request.
datasheet contents here